Thank you for your interest in the 2019 Municipal Community Grants Program.
2019 Municipal Community Grants Program
Grants are available to non-profit and community-based organizations for projects which enhance the County’s quality of place and the local economy. The Municipal Community Grants Program is made possible through funding from the County of Prince Edward in partnership with The County Foundation (TCF) to augment funding and administer the program.
Grants up to $5,000 in cash and in-kind are available through the The County Foundation (TCF). The TCF also manages grant applications for $1,000 or less – in-kind only.
Watch this space for the 2019 Program after September 30th or firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications for the 2019 program are due: October 25, 2018 by noon. Late submissions will not be considered.
Open House to ask questions: October 4 from 3:00 - 4:30 pm at Edward Building (Picton)
Purpose of Grants Program
To improve the well-being and quality of life of the community and its residents, through financial assistance to non-profit community based organizations which provide programs and services in the arts, culture, heritage, recreation, environment, health, and human services.
To promote the self-sufficiency of community non-profit groups and programs by encouraging those in receipt of funding from this grants program to become self-supporting.
Preference is given to new initiatives but a promising program may receive more than one grant in its early years provided there is evidence that the program is developing successfully. An established program may receive a grant when it faces a new opportunity or an unexpected problem.
The Municipal Community Grants Program is open to:
- Non-profit organizations that support and provide programs and services in the following areas: arts, culture, heritage, recreation, environment, health and human services.
- Only one request per non-profit organization will be considered in a fiscal year.
- School boards; for-profit businesses; service clubs; sectarian, religious or political entities; and individuals are not eligible.
- All applicants are encouraged to seek a consultation with the TCF in advance of preparing their application.
This Municipal Community Grants Program will not fund any projects or groups under any of the following circumstances, where:
- the funding is considered primary and/or covers operation costs in day-to-day administration;
- activity takes place outside of PEC;
- grant is to fund a deficit or funding shortfall;
- the application and component pieces are deemed to be incomplete;
- provide endowment funds;
- any previously granted funds are not fully reconciled and all reports received;
- the applying organization does not meet eligibility criteria;
- annual fund drives and fundraising activities for sustaining support.
Download the Application form: Municipal Community Grant Application form
Download the Follow-up Report: