The Huff Family has made extensive donations to worthy causes in all corners of the Quinte region and their home community of Prince Edward County receives the lion’s share of their generosity.
Purpose of The Huff Family Fund
- Addiction and Mental Health
- Animal Welfare
- Arts and Culture
- Health Care and Human Services
- Housing Issues
- Vital Signs Priority Areas as defined by TCF Vital Signs Reports, including:
- Food Security; and
Why The County Foundation
The County Foundation is one of 191 community foundation across Canada offering leadership and funding to support initiatives that benefit our communities.
As a registered charity, we provide the citizens of Prince Edward County with opportunities to improve and invest in virtually every aspect of community life.
The Huff Family Fund was established at The County Foundation after a number of years of Catharine and Lanny, and continuing to be, Visionary Patrons for the Foundation.
How to Apply for Grants
The Huff Family Fund provides grants to registered charities in the County which offer programs and services to the citizens of Prince Edward County. Learn how to apply.
Past Grant Recipients
An Additional Grant was provided in May 2020
- Prince Edward County Memorial Hospital Foundation – to their COVID-19 Fund – that will be used at all four sites of Quinte Health Care.
Addiction & Mental Health
- County of Prince Edward – Police Services Board – Mental Health & Addictions Lunch & Learn for First Responders
- County of Prince Edward Public Library – Discover YOUth Group
- Loyalist Humane Society – Roof Project
- Prince Edward Bird Observatory – Transportation (Second year – Approved last year for two years.)
Arts & Culture
- Baxter Arts Centre – Barrier Free Access
- Department of Illumination Artistic Company – ICE BOX Arts Education Program
- Glenwood Cemetery – Veterans Project
- Music at Port Milford Canada – Huff Family Choral Day Camp & Adult Chamber Program Choir – Three years
- Prince Edward County Arts Council – Expansion of Artist Fund for Market Development
- Alternatives for Women – Vi Cortney House.
Education & Learning
- County of Prince Edward Public Library – Wellington Branch Meeting Space
- The Hastings and Prince Edward Learning Foundation – CML Snider P.S. – Technology Upgrade
- Reaching for Rainbows – Staffing
- Prince Edward County Arts Council – County Kids Read – Cultivating Empathy through Literacy – For three years
- Prince Edward Learning Centre – Good Food Market.Plus a contribution from The PEC Fund
- Prince Edward Learning Centre – Cooking Classes (Second year – Approved last year for two years)
Health Care & Human Services
- Alzheimer Society of Hastings-Prince Edward – Minds in Motion
- Heal With Horses Therapeutic Centre – Horse Arena End Walls Construction
- CDC of Quinte
- Lovesong Seniors Housing & Comm Hub – Early phase planning
- Loyalist Humane Society – Spay and Neuter
- PEC Arts Council – County Kids Read – Indigenous Materials
- PEC Chamber Music – Youth Concert
- PEC Community Care for Seniors – Foot Care Expansion to North PEC
- Prince Edward Point Bird Observatory – Transportation for School Groups
- Recreation Outreach Centre – Addictions Program for Youth
- The Regent Theatre Foundation – Business Model Improvement – Canteen
- Wellington Storehouse – Youth Cooking Classes
Do You Want to Contribute?
- Mail cheques to: The County Foundation Suite 103, 280 Main Street Picton, ON K0K 2T0
- Donate using a credit cards though Canada Helps