The Huff Family Fund -Application
How to Apply for Grants
The Huff Family Fund provides grants to registered charities in the County which offer programs and services to the citizens of Prince Edward County. Only projects that benefit Prince Edward County will be considered under this Fund.
This grant is a matching one. For each requested dollar there must be at least one matching or in-kind contribution of the same amount. Volunteer time, and other grants are eligible for matching purposes, but must be verifiable. So if the request from The Huff Family Fund is for $7,200 then there must be at least $7,200 in matching and in-kind.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED BY November 5, 2019 at 12:00 noon local time. Grants will be announced in early December at a presentation ceremony.
The TCF strongly encourages applicants to have a pre-submission consultation on focus eligibility and to discuss the grants process.
An in-person Application Workshop where questions can be answered and eligibility confirmed will be held on October 16, 2019 at 4:00 pm – 5:30 pm at the Edward Building, Suite 103 Board Room, 280 Main Street, Picton. This is a drop in session to ask questions and determine eligibility. Questions can also be asked by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Grants will be decided by a Grants Committee of The County Foundation. All grants are subject to specific parameters as laid out in the application and subject to TCF’s General Granting Conditions (new in 2019).
There will be approximately $70,000 available in 2019; No individual grant will exceed $20,000 in 2019. Multi-year grant requests may be considered if they are for $2,500 or less per year. The County Foundation, may if in their view see a better fit with another Fund they administer have it considered.
The Huff Family Fund will support the following types of local initiatives and projects, in order of preference:
- Expansion of service or creation of new programming/project that allows organization to do more for their target group;
- Inputs to allow projects to serve (eg. Purchase of animal food to improve animal welfare; or food to support cooking classes for a vulnerable sector)
- Projects that educate and support sectors of the community in need;
- Evaluation of an existing project/organization to position further funding possibilities;
- Small capital projects; facility improvements that build organizational capacity to better serve;
- Ongoing operational costs, in unique or certain circumstances.
PLEASE NOTE: Debt financing will not be considered; nor will using the grant as part of a larger capital campaign (and not spending the money in the year it is granted). Staffing may form some part of the request. However, it must be directly related to the delivery of the project and/or be a new expense associated with the project.
CAPITAL. The Huff Family Fund will also consider larger capital projects of general community benefit. If you have such a project please contact the Executive Director. Some examples might include Public Libraries; Shelters or Support Service Facilities.
Project Application Requirements
Please describe your project in 1,000 words or less Letter or Memo.
Project description should include:
- the challenge or the opportunity that can be made better as a result of a Huff Family Fund Grant.
- the location(s) where the project will be delivered;
- which of the Areas of Interest best describe your proposal and tell how it connects:
- Addiction and Mental Health
- Animal Welfare
- Arts and Culture
- Health Care and Human Services
- Housing Issues
- Vital Signs Priority Areas as defined by TCF Vital Signs Reports, including
- Food Security; and
- key objectives; outcomes and expected impacts of the project and how you will measure the success.
- connection to community need;
- How you would propose recognizing The Huff Family Fund and The County Foundation.
In addition the following should be provided:
- Project schedule/timelines;
- Project budget (be very specific about where the money requested under this grant will be spent). And please show the matching funds or equivalent (volunteer hours; in-kind; existing funding/revenue; other grants, etc). A template is available, but it is not necessary to use.
- If you are requesting funding for more than one year please include the budget for the years requested. An annual update will be required before a subsequent year of funding advanced.
- Partnership Agreement letter if you are not a qualified donee and are working with one.
- Please attach your organization’s current policy regarding maintaining up-to-date vulnerable sector checks for staff and volunteers if your project involves working with anyone in the vulnerable sector (e.g. Children, seniors, people with physical challenges).
Post Project Report
A post project report is a requirement of this grant. It must be received within one year of the grant being announced; or two months following the end of the project – whatever is sooner. Post Report template is below. Please include these:
Completion of the Project
State the project is complete or explain if not and why.
Impact & Overall Result of the Project
Provide as much detail as possible; numbers; anything that will illuminate the value of the project to the people of Prince Edward County. Discuss how it met a community need. Any quotes or stakeholder/user impact statements (if applicable) are excellent.
Promotion of the Project
Provide what the recipient has done to promote the investment by The Huff Family Fund and The County Foundation. Please share any print; web materials; that you have received.
Evaluation of the Project
What did the recipient organization do to evaluate the investment.
Final Project Budget
Details are required. No receipts necessary. Please maintain them in the event there is a CRA audit. Some proposed sub-headings are below.
- Purchase price
- Related Costs
- On-going Expenses
APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED BY November 5, 2019 at 12:00 noon local time.
Please submit your application to:
The County Foundation
280 Main Street, Suite 103
Picton ON K0K 2T0
For further assistance, please contact email@example.com