Municipal Community Grants 2020
2020 Update on Status of Municipal Grants – see paragraph 6
Grants are available to not-for-profit and community-based organizations for projects which enhance the County’s quality of place and the local economy. The Municipal Community Grants Program is made possible through funding from the County of Prince Edward in partnership with The County Foundation (TCF) to augment funding and administer the program.
The following municipal grant programs will be administered by The County Foundation
- Grants over $5,000 (new for 2020 year)
- Grants up to $5,000 in cash and in-kind, max $2,500 in cash.
- Grants for $1,000 or less – in-kind only.
Applications for the 2021 program are due: TBD
Purpose of the Grants Program
To improve the well-being and quality of life of the community and its residents, through financial assistance to not-for-profit community based organizations which provide programs and services in the arts, culture, heritage, recreation, environment, health, and human services.
To promote the self-sufficiency of community non-profit groups and programs by encouraging those in receipt of funding from this grants program to become self-supporting.
Preference is given to new initiatives but a promising program may receive more than one grant in its early years provided there is evidence that the program is developing successfully. An established program may receive a grant when it faces a new opportunity or an unexpected problem.
The Municipal Community Grants Program is open to:
- Not-for-profit organizations that support and provide programs and services in the following areas: arts, culture, heritage, recreation, environment, health and human services.
- Only one request per not-for-profit organization will be considered in a fiscal year.
- School boards; for-profit businesses; service clubs; sectarian, religious or political entities; and individuals are not eligible.
- All applicants are encouraged to seek a consultation with TCF in advance of preparing their application.
This Municipal Community Grants Program will not fund any projects or groups under any of the following circumstances, where:
- the funding is considered primary and/or covers operation costs in day-to-day administration;
- activity takes place outside of PEC;
- grant is to fund a deficit or funding shortfall;
- the application and component pieces are deemed to be incomplete;
- provide endowment funds;
- any previously granted funds are not fully reconciled and all reports received;
- the applying organization does not meet eligibility criteria;
- annual fund drives and fundraising activities for sustaining support;
- the organization does not meet General Granting Conditions set out by TCF.
Branding & Recognition
All grant recipients will be expected to recognize The County Foundation and/or the specific Fund that provides a grant. Please follow our Branding Guidelines.