Bill Roberts Indigenous Reconciliation Award
Each year The Bill Roberts Indigenous Reconciliation Award will be awarded, in the amount of $500, to a student graduating either Grade 11 or Grade 12. The Award is to recognize, in the spirit of the Truth and Reconciliation Commission, a student’s efforts past, present, and future to build a meaningful bridge between the Mohawks of Bay of Quinte and Prince Edward County.
The student will have attended Quinte area school, but must reside in Prince Edward County, and MAY have taken some of the following Indigenous Studies courses (check all that apply):
- NAC1O – Expressions of Aboriginal Cultures – Grade 9
- NBE3C1 – Contemporary Aboriginal Voices – Grade 11
- NDA3M1 – Current Aboriginal Issues in Canada – Grade 11
- NDW4M1 – Issues of Indigenous Peoples in a Global Context – Grade 12
How to Apply
Application should include the following component pieces:
- A written piece (max 350 words) on the contribution you have made, you are making or you hope to make to understanding and building a meaningful bridge between Mohawks of Bay of Quinte and Prince Edward County.
- Names and contact information for two community members; Mohawk of Bay of Quinte member/leader; a teacher or administrator; or a relevant reference who can validate your contributions.
- If applicable, please include a copy of the acceptance to a post-secondary program
- Also please complete and sign the attached Application Form.
Please send your application to:
The County Foundation
Suite 103, 280 Main Street
Picton, Ontario K0K 2T0
You can also email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you have any questions about this application, please contact:
The County Foundation
The deadline for applications is May 30 each year.
Announcements will be made by June 25 or in co-ordination with the the successful applicants Annual Spring Graduation.
The Bill Roberts Indigenous Reconciliation Award is made possible through a donation by a County Resident, Current PEC Councillor Bill Roberts.
- 2018 – Ruby Gaudett – PECI going to University of Toronto
- 2017 – Codie Goodman – PECI going to Lakehead University (Orillia Campus)