Investment Readiness Program
Open through February 10, 2020
About the Investment Readiness Program
- The Investment Readiness Program (IRP) is the leading edge of the Government of Canada’s 2018 commitment to social innovation and social finance.
- IRP funding will help social purpose organizations build their capacity to participate in the growing social finance market, including Canada’s $755M Social Finance Fund.
- Social finance is investment that has a positive social, cultural, or environmental impact while also generating some financial return.
Your IRP Regional Partner
- Akwesasne Territory
- Frontenac County (rural)
- Haliburton County
- Hastings County
- Kawartha Lakes
- County of Lennox & Addington
- Peterborough County
- Prince Edward County
- Tyendinaga Territory
Call for Expressions of Interest
- We encourage potential applicants in our region to submit a quick expression of interest before applying through the national portal.
- This will let us know that an application may be forthcoming and can trigger follow-up engagement from one of our team to further develop the project proposal.
- Applicants can submit an expression of interest through January 29.
- Applications for proposals close 12 days later on February 10 at 8 pm EST (see below).
Eligibility & Available Funding
- The IRP is open to social purpose organizations including charities, non-profits, co-operatives and for-profits with a social impact.
- Eligible organizations can receive $10,000 to $100,000 in non-repayable funds to develop, design, measure, and scale their social enterprises.
- The IRP can assist organizations at any stage, from refining an idea to scaling up and preparing for investments.
Program Information & Resources
- Learn more about program details.
- Watch the webinar recording for potential applicants (starts at 4:48 time code).
- Get answers from the Frequently Asked Questions.
- Review application guidelines (PDF).
- Explore related resources, tools, and backgrounders.
- Download application forms and a glossary to help prepare your application offline.
Deadline & Online Application Form
- Applications for proposals are open through February 10, 2020 at 8:00 pm EST via the national portal.
- Please note that, in the IRP South Central East Ontario region, there will be a sole round of funding for the IRP.
- We encourage potential applicants in our region to fill out a quick expression of interest before submitting an application through the national portal.
- Partners in the region can contact the local IRP project manager below for more information, and applicants can reach out if they have questions.
- We encourage applicants to watch the webinar and review FAQs and application guidelines at the links above before reaching out with questions.
- In most cases, applicants are best to submit a quick expression of interest first as a conversation-starter, after which they will receive a follow-up by email.
- Nous vous invitons à communiquer avec notre chargé de projet en français, si vous préférez.
Project Manager, IRP South Central East Ontario
Call/txt: +1 (866) 606-3066 (toll-free calls)