Investment Readiness Program
September 2, 2020: There is currently a waitlist of highly assessed applications that could not be funded in Round One. As it stands, the value of the waitlisted projects exceeds funds currently available for Round Two for this region.
April 29, 2020: As a result of Covid-19 there have been a number of unanticipated delays at many levels. The Community Foundations of Canada team are guiding that your IRP Regional Partner will have information to convey to applicants in mid to late May. Our apologies for the delays, but obviously, these are unprecedented times.
Applications are open through October 9
About the Investment Readiness Program
- The Investment Readiness Program (IRP) is the leading edge of the Government of Canada’s 2018 commitment to social innovation and social finance.
- IRP funding will help social purpose organizations build their capacity to participate in the growing social finance market, including Canada’s $755M Social Finance Fund.
- Social finance is investment that has a positive social, cultural, or environmental impact while also generating some financial return.
Your IRP Regional Partner
- Akwesasne Territory
- Frontenac County (rural)
- Haliburton County
- Hastings County
- Kawartha Lakes
- County of Lennox & Addington
- Peterborough County
- Prince Edward County
- Tyendinaga Territory
Eligibility & Available Funding
- The IRP is open to social purpose organizations including charities, non-profits, co-operatives and for-profits with a social impact.
- Eligible organizations can receive $10,000 to $100,000 in non-repayable funds to develop, design, measure, and scale their social enterprises.
- The IRP can assist organizations at any stage, from refining an idea to scaling up and preparing for investments.
Program Information & Resources
- Learn more about program details.
- Get answers from the Frequently Asked Questions.
- Access program guidelines, budget template, glossary and more.
- Explore related resources, tools, and backgrounders.
Deadline & Online Application Form
Applications for the second and final round of funding are open through October 9, 2020 at 8:00 pm EST via the national portal.
- Partners in the region can contact the local IRP project manager below for more information, and applicants can reach out if they have questions.
- We encourage applicants to review FAQs and application guidelines at the links above before reaching out with questions.
- Nous vous invitons à communiquer avec notre chargé de projet en français, si vous préférez.
Project Manager, IRP South Central East Ontario
Call/txt: +1 (866) 606-3066 (toll-free calls)