We are delighted to welcome Anne VanVlack to our staff, in the role of Vital Signs Coordinator. Selected from a group of highly skilled applicants, Anne has hit-the-ground-running in composing various slide presentations and participating in a host of meetings normal to this particularly busy time of year for the Foundation.
Anne brings a multi-disciplinary skill set and a keen interest in the vitality of Prince Edward County through the following experiences:
- Website Manager for the Guide to Prince Edward County @ visitthecounty.ca (23 years), and monthly newsletter broadcast.
- Journalism teacher at Prince Edward Collegiate Institute, responsible for production of the school newspaper and yearbook.
- Founder and project manager for HQnet (Hastings Quinte Network) , resulting in increased regional municipal awareness, cooperation and action regarding high-speed internet and shared use of IT resources. Roles included recruiting participants, accessing government funding, and forming a model for sustainability.
- Co-founder and Director of Taste The County marketing organization, involving grant acquisition and reporting, branding and marketing, extension of tourism shoulder seasons, and sustainability planning.
- Director at PEC Chamber of Tourism and Commerce with the roles of liaison for Taste The County, Bay of Quinte Tourist Council, and the Great Place To Live campaign, and newsletter editor.
- Secretary of the North Marysburgh Recreation Committee, responsible for meeting agendas and minutes.
Anne’s knowledge of the County, her network of existing contacts, and her skill sets, will bring valuable contributions to the Foundation and the community we serve, as will her work ethic and enthusiastic personality.
Welcome aboard Anne, as we sail optimistically into 2020!