On behalf of The County Foundation, we are reaching out to you regarding the fast-moving COVID-19 crisis.
During this unprecedented time, we recognize that you, your family, friends and colleagues may be overwhelmed by rapidly changing circumstances. We also understand that you may have questions about funding opportunities and other expectations.
We are monitoring this situation and working to provide support to those most vulnerable in our community. We are committed to regular communications in the days and weeks to come. Below, please find a few local updates:
- On Tuesday, in support of local food security and on a motion by the Board of Directors, The County Foundation board unanimously approved $5,000 in donations to local food banks. The Picton United Church Food Bank and The StoreHouse Food Bank in Wellington have each received a $2,500 donation from the Foundation’s PEC Fund.
- Our office is closed and staff and volunteers are working remotely. We are focusing our efforts on essential services, striving to maintain our usual support as much as possible, and communications as needs arise.
- We have postponed or cancelled all committee meetings and public events organized by the Foundation scheduled to April 30, 2020. For staff and volunteer committees, we are hosting conference calls and looking into opportunities for virtual meetings.
- We are connected with our Community Foundations of Canada colleagues, attending COVID-19 specific online learning sessions and accessing online resources.
- We are here to help. Do reach out to us with any questions. We can be reached at email@example.com or via phone at 613-476-7901 extension 218. Visit us at thecountyfoundation.ca or on Facebook. We invite you to share our communications with your friends.
Our focus on improving lives in Prince Edward County is unwavering. From Carrying Place to Point Petre, to Prinyers Cove to Northport and everywhere in between, we are all connected in the County.
Brian, Jefferson, Anne, Tony and The County Foundation team.