- 15 partner organizations involving 25 individuals
- Vision: “to establish an integrated affordable and sustainable transportation system in PEC”
- New project: collaboration between The County Foundation, Municipality, and United Way Hastings Prince Edward resulted in a federal grant to fund the development of a business case for an integrated affordable and sustainable transit system in PEC. The business case was presented at Public Open House sessions held in Wellington and Picton on April 19/18 based on the following strategies:
- Develop an Integrated On-Demand Rural County Transit Service.
- Improve Integration and Inter-municipal Connections to Belleville.
- Improve Local Connections within Picton.
- Service the Seasonal Employment Needs in the Tourism Industry.
- The County has officially announced a grant of $500,000 (from the Ontario Ministry of Transportation’s Community Transportation Grant Program) spread over the next four years, to be used to implement the new public transit plan.